Gartner has characterized CNAPP as a new cloud security strategy that stresses the need for integrated lifecycle security rather than patchwork approaches. CNAPP includes a diverse range of overlapping tools for creation and production, such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC) scans, cloud infrastructure entitlements management (CIEM), and cloud-based security posture management (CSPM). Selecting the right CNAPP vendor is a difficult choice to make. We will share some key points to look for while selecting a CNAPP vendor in this article. Before that, here is the main goal of implementing CNAPP.
The Goal of the Cloud-Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP)
“The unique properties of cloud-native apps make them hard to safeguard without a sophisticated collection of overlapping technologies spanning design and deployment,” according to Gartner. Instead of compartmentalized solutions, the analytics firm proposes that enterprises implement technologies. It gives comprehensive coverage and transparency in multi-cloud settings. It also identifies security and compliance concerns throughout the technology stack, encompassing cloud configuration, workloads, and identification. Organizations should shift left to detect risk earlier in the development process.
Security Issues with Cloud-Native Applications
CNAPP vendors consolidate the features of cloud security solutions. Such as Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM), Cloud Workload Prevention Platforms (CWPP), and Public Cloud Entitlement Management (CIEM) into a single platform. However, organizations face several complexities and business challenges as they pursue CNAPP adoption:
- Lack of visibility: Because of silos, loopholes, and other complications, gaining visibility and information into all cloud resources and apps, from creation to runtime, is challenging.
- Inadequate risk monitoring: The absence of unified cloud security management makes it impossible to analyze, prioritize, and mitigate risk holistically across the whole product lifecycle.
- Roles and duties are siloed: Using several stitched-together solutions by safety and DevOps teams separately can negatively influence the transition to cloud-native security at scale.
There are many good places to start on your route to CNAPP vendors. Discover how a comprehensive identity-first platform may assist you in understanding and mitigating your cloud-native security issues.
Comprehensive Infrastructure Security
Several platforms provide diverse vendor-specific solutions. It is critical to select a forum that matches the unique demands of individuals or businesses. This comprehensive perspective helps enterprises properly safeguard and defend cloud-native apps. It eliminates silos between the enormous number of multiple tools. A company may use it to cover all parts of its infrastructure.
What Exactly Does CNAPP Do?
CNAPP is a platform designed to replace other tools that were previously supplied individually. Solutions that were independent and focused on only one component of a software’s lifecycle. The paradigm of a Cloud-Native Application Platform arises because organizations need to integrate solutions, resources, and security procedures under one roof. One platform that provides complete control and continuity across numerous operations, divisions, and security teams.
That is the primary difficulty in protecting cloud-native apps.
How to Select the Right CNAPP platform?
Choose the CNAPP vendor based on your organization’s needs and the requirements of the app/software you wish to build.
Take note of the following landmarks:
- Vendor experience: The length of time the vendor has been in the sector and their similarity with compliance requirements.
- Technical expertise: About the vendor’s awareness of the present landscape, their predictions for how it will change, and what security problems to consider in the future.
- Functionalities: How many distinguished cloud security features does the vendor combine into a single application?
Considering and discussing these factors while choosing a CNAPP vendor will eventually help you in choosing the right one for your company.