Do you desire to work as a Virtual Assistant without any prior experience? No worries! It doesn’t take much to get started in this virtual assistant career. Many people start out at the basic level to build a career in moneymaking.
Virtual Assistant Services
A virtual assistant, commonly known as “VA”, refers to an entrepreneur who provides online services to valuable clients in a variety of industries from their remote location . The virtual assistants provide business services from home or any remote location.
Virtual assistants offer a range of services, including administrative tasks and social media. They also provide teaching services.
The VA can handle multitasking jobs efficiently. The VA can manage social media accounts for bloggers located in different parts of the country. Or, the VA can manage back-office management for a travel coach based in Australia. These are just two examples.
Virtual assistants need to create a LinkedIn profile.
LinkedIn connects professionals and newcomers in a specific field.
LinkedIn is populated by professionals in every industry. You can get in touch with the professional experts to stay up to date.
Learn and observe other people to help you learn.
The VA provides remote services through four divisions.
General Administrative services
- Below are some administrative services that you as a Virtual Assistant can offer to your clients:
- Cold canvassing, calling, booking sales appointments, and seeking a donation from their prospects/clients. The market research is required to focus the target audience.
- Regular follow-ups are conducted via online or offline correspondence with valued customers and clients.
- Electronic Calendar Management helps you to record events and mark appointments on an electronic calendar.
- File folder Management (manage and organize their files using Dropbox / Google Drive etc)
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Bookings for Hotel rooms and Flight Travel
- Creating different reports on weekly/fortnight tasks, deliverables, sales, turnovers etc.
- Preparing Microsoft PowerPoint Presents in preparation for their online courses or webinars, conferences, or meetings.
- Monitor and recruit remote freelance employees, like a web editor or video editor.
- Personal jobs include booking events and restaurants, buying surprise gifts, booking tables at dinner, paying bills, shifting houses, etc.
Digital Marketing Services
Digital marketing refers to the use of digital technology to market products or services. The digital mode is promoted on the internet, which also includes mobile phones and other online sources.
Digital marketing techniques such as Search Engine Marketing (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Internet Marketing (Paid Search), Product Marketing (Paid Search), Social Media Promotion (SSM), paid search, marketing collaterals, Email Marketing, Mobile Marketing) are becoming more popular all over the world. VA services are required for the many options.
Within each digital marketing strategy, there lies lots of scope for improvement, so measuring each strategy is very important.
Digital marketing believes that metrics are key to success and that analytics are the best.
Here are a few examples.
- Social Media Marketing – Social Media Marketing refers to the use of social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Instagram and websites or blog blogs to market a product. The online marketers promote product, create brand awareness among the consumers across the world.
- SEO is Search Engine Optimization. Search Engine Optimization (Search Engine Optimization) This practice by SEO/e-commerce organisations is used to maximize the number of visitors, increase traffic and populate the website with the optimization methods. Online and offline optimization methods can be used.
- Social Media Optimization: The social media optimization process is used to improve brand recognition, awareness, and popularity of the product on various social media platforms.
- Social Media Marketing – Online marketers help to build brand awareness by creating Facebook pages and following up with customers. To gain popularity, marketers create ads.
- Twitter Advertising – Online marketers help to build brand recognition and popularity by creating a twitter account. Follow up is encouraged. Marketers create ads to gain followers and popularity.
- Instagram Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up an Instagram account and following up with them on a regular basis. The marketers create advertisements to gain popularity and view the followers.
- YouTube Marketing – The YouTube marketing allows the user to post videos and create virality across the million viewers. To create a YouTube channel, the user must post videos that relate to cooking, fashions, child psychology or hair dressing.
- Pinterest Market – Pinterest marketing uses Pinterest as a platform to increase product and business awareness. Pinterest is used for traffic generation and to draw attention to the site.
- E-mail Marketing – The process of sending marketing messages or content to valuable clients through email is called . The email marketing is used to promote sales of the product or pitching the sales and sending marketing collaterals to the targeted people.
- Branding – Branding actions can be taken by an organization to distinguish them from other emerging competitors. The branding strategies are implemented to strengthen your position in the market. The marketers are responsible for the branding. They want to establish brand loyalty.
- Paid Advertisements Online marketers use the paid advertisements that are published on the websites or in search engines like google to drive traffic.
- Content Marketing – Marketing stuff is transmitted through content on online websites and social networks.
Creative Job Suite
Here are some examples, which show the demand for creative jobs:
- Graphic designing
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Creating Infographics
- Logo design
- Designing branding materials to launch new product or service – pdf, ebooks, flyers, mock-ups, business cards, banners, etc.
- Video editing and creation
Online Instruction services
The teaching services can be divided into 2 broad categories:
1. LIVE mode allows you to offer teaching services
Below are some examples
Tutoring school children online
Online tutoring English and other languages to students, homemakers, or working professionals.
2. Teaching services using “How to”) video tutorials
Few real examples:
- How to create an online course that’s successful
- How to create graphics with Picmonkey/Canva/Gimp tools
- How to use Google Drive, Drop Box, or One Drive to store unlimited files
- How to make instructional Videos
- How to make ice cream cakes, pancakes, and sugar-free cupcakes. Whole wheat bread/cookies are also possible.
- How to make party makeup and hairstyles in just 15 minutes
- How to create fillable PDF workbooks or worksheets
- How to take professional pictures for Instagram / Facebook
- How to become a branded affiliate seller on Amazon / eBay
- How to automate Pinterest market
- How to draw faces and images in comics books
- There are many resources on the internet that will help you to find work-from-home jobs or opportunities that suit your interests and skills.
Which soft skills match up with clients to work remotely?
These are the skills that you will need to be a long-term employee or worker for profitable remote clients.
- Be Professional — You must be more professional in your interactions with clients.
- Do not hesitate to take initiative. Clients expect you to quickly understand and analyse the tasks, and to be able to answer any queries promptly.
- Problem solving skills – A person should be able predict a problem before it escalates into a major emergency and can then provide the client with a feasible solution.
- Efficient – Owing experience, your work efficiency will increase and your continuous efforts to grow the business process will take you a long way.
- Persistence There may be a tight deadline, a challenging situation or an assignment that requires you to dedicate extra time, effort, and energy to complete the task. Your perseverance and ability to make an effort despite all odd situations will project you as being trustworthy and reliable.
- Excellent communication – Clients need you to communicate with them regularly and keep them updated with an open heart. Being professional does not mean asking clients for reminders or asking them to update you on the work.
- Task Organization Skills – Your ability and willingness to follow the schedules and put your attention on one thing will allow you successfully manage multiple tasks.
Which tools does the VA really need?
Below are some basic tools you’ll need before you start taking on client work.
- Google Docs For creating, editing and sharing documents
- Dropbox is a file sharing tool
- WordPress for creating and managing websites
- Email marketing tool MailChimp. GetResponse
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
Virtual assistants are often contracted by many companies. These companies are also called agencies. They act as intermediaries to find a job in the virtual assistant sector.
Follow these websites: Indeed, Upwork, Time, to search for virtual assistant jobs.
Make sure the queries or search given are relevant to the field and enter in the what and where sections.
Virtual assistant maintains job profile with multitasking since the job profile covers various skills.
The virtual assistants are responsible to provide administrative, technical, customer care for law, finance, start-up business among other employers. You can establish a virtual assistant business, or work remotely from clients around the world.
You must upgrade yourself according your job profile.
The highest salary drawing virtual assistant need to devote their work for full-time and provide executive level support to clients and provide services such as web-designing, developer.